Court orders should not be taken lightly. When the court issues a judgment, all parties involved are legally responsible for following the order. If one of the parties fails to do so, the other may wonder what their options are. The most common court orders that may need enforcement include child custody, child support, visitation rights, spousal support, and more. When the party that wants to enforce an order needs the assistance of the court, they may want to file a motion for an Order Enforcing Litigant’s Rights.

Prior to requesting assistance from the court, the individual is required to try and resolve the matter by themselves. It may be beneficial for the individual to consult with an experienced family law attorney that can help them reach out to the party that is ignoring the court’s ruling. If these efforts are made but no success has been made, it is time to go to the court.

If the judge finds evidence of a willful violation of a court order, they may impose serious consequences. In fact, the individual may even be held in contempt of court if they continue to violate the order.

If you are concerned about a former spouse violating a court order, contact our firm today.

Paris P. Eliades Law Firm, LLC is a divorce and family law firm serving clients in Sussex, Morris, and  Passaic County and throughout New Jersey. Our firm is proud to provide clients with compassionate, quality legal services. Contact our office today for a free initial consultation.