One of the most common things that we attorneys see, following a divorce, is a request for a modification of child support. Oftentimes, after divorce, factors change in circumstances. Perhaps their income has changed; perhaps they’ve had another child. Child support is always modifiable upon a showing of a change in circumstances. If a person has increased income, for example, your former spouse has a new job and has an increase in income, you can file what is called a motion. A motion is a request for the court to review your circumstances and make a new order based on that change in circumstances.

Paris P. Eliades Law Firm, LLC serves clients in Sussex, Morris, and  Passaic County and throughout New Jersey with compassionate, quality legal services. Contact our office today for a free initial consultation.