Spouses who go through the process of a divorce must take care of a variety of legal matters. This can be complicated, which is why it is important to have an experienced New Jersey divorce attorney to navigate the process.
What Does a Divorce Attorney Do?
A divorce attorney plays a crucial role in the proceedings. They work on behalf of the spouse to ensure they receive their desired outcome. This can be done through the work of any of the following tasks:
- Assess the case to determine court jurisdiction
- Develop a strategy for advising you regarding all aspects of the divorce
- Prepare legal documents to file with the court
- Conduct discovery to obtain information from the other party
- Appear at all court appearances, depositions, and conferences
- Schedule deadlines and court appearances
- Inform you of actions you must take
- Perform financial analyses of your case
- Conduct legal research
- Prepare you for any appearances and depositions
- Prepare your case for hearings and trials
- Advise you of your rights under the law
- Counsel you about the risks and benefits that arise during your case
Will Additional Professionals Be Appointed to Work With My Attorney?
Divorce proceedings can sometimes require the help of other professionals within their respective fields. In circumstances of custody or parenting, the court may retain the services of psychologists or psychiatrists. In addition to this, a forensic accountant may also be enlisted to analyze a couple’s financial situation.
Do I Need an Attorney if I’ve Been Divorced Before?
When people go through a divorce, they may feel as if they know the process well enough to do it themselves should they go through another. However, it is important to remember that every divorce process is different. This is because there are many factors that can affect it. This can include the length of the marriage, if the couple has children, each spouse’s financial situation, and more. It is also possible for the law to change since a spouse’s last divorce. It is because of this that it will benefit an individual to hire an attorney to guide them through the proceedings.
Contact our Firm
We understand that those getting a divorce most likely have several questions regarding the weeks and months to come. Paris P. Eliades Law Firm, LLC is honored to serve the people of New Jersey, including Sparta, Sussex County, Morris County, Passaic County, and Bergen County with the quality legal services they deserve. If you are getting a divorce or have any other questions regarding divorce-related matters, please do not hesitate to contact our firm for a consultation today.