I Have Been Served With Summons in NJ, What Should I Do?

  • If you’ve been served with a complaint for divorce, don’t panic.
  • The summons will tell you that you have 35 days, but those days can be expanded upon.
  • The first step is finding an attorney that you’re comfortable with, has the skill-set that you need to have your divorce handled appropriately and effectively, and sit down with that attorney to figure out what your rights and responsibilities are.