If there is a dispute that needs resolving, many times the court will issue an order to make sure that all parties involved are cooperating with what the judge has ruled. However, sometimes, there will be a party who refuses to cooperate and ignores the court order altogether. The other person may want to take action on this and force them to cooperate with the judge’s ruling.

Court orders can be issued for matters such as child support, visitation, alimony payments, equitable distribution of marital property, and even child custody. One of the most commonly seen court orders that require enforcement is when one parent fails to keep up on their child support payments or doesn’t comply with the custody arrangement.

Many people will try to handle a neglectful party out of court but sometimes, when all other attempts fail, having a judge enforce a court order may be your only successful option. In order to enforce a court order, you will have to file a motion known as an Order Enforcing Litigant’s Rights. If the party is still not complying with a court order, they may be held in contempt of court. The court can go as far as to have them arrested if there are no other options that you can take.

If your ex spouse is failing to comply with a court issued order, you should contact an experienced divorce and family law attorney who can assist you in enforcing the court order.

Paris P. Eliades Law Firm, LLC is a divorce and family law firm serving clients in Sussex, Morris, and  Passaic County and throughout New Jersey with compassionate, quality legal services. Contact our office today for a free initial consultation.