Of course, the person who is not getting the payments they need or is not getting to see their child as they should might be curious as to how they can enforce the court order.

To enforce a court order in New Jersey, you may be able to file a motion for Order Enforcing Litigant’s Rights. Before jumping into the courtroom immediately, you should be sure to try and handle the matter outside of court. The court may ask you to prove whether you tried to resolve the issue outside of court. If you can prove that, they may grant you an enforcement order and try to resolve the matter in court.

If the judge rules that the other party did violate the court’s order, they may be subject to serious consequences. In some cases, if the judge rules that the other party must obey the order and they fail to do so again, they may even be held in contempt of court.

If you need help enforcing a court order in the state of New Jersey, contact our firm today for strong legal representation.

Paris P. Eliades Law Firm, LLC is a family law firm serving clients in Sussex, Morris, and  Passaic County and throughout New Jersey with compassionate, quality legal services. Contact our office today for a free initial consultation.